Hi there! Our name is Lifestyle Development Services Pty Ltd (ACN: 168 836 235, ‘LDS’) but you might know us as WE-Being. Our website www.we-being.com is owned and operated by us and our website www.community.we-being.com “community” is operated by us.
Our advice is for micro, small and medium businesses and for the people who own and work in them. Our advice is also for individuals desiring to experience professional and personal development and growth. We provide recommendations, mentoring and learning and development support in the areas of work as business and well-being and lifestyle.
We comply with the Australia Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth Privacy Act).
We understand that visitors from the EU may access this site, so we also aim to comply with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact:
Leah Kearns – CEO email@example.com Geelong VIC 3220
If you engage with us via our website/s, or choose to become our client we may ask to collect the following kinds of personal information from you including:
- Contact details – name, role, position or occupation, address, country you live in, email, mobile or phone number.
- Interests, preferences and opinions – about future services, products, topics that may interest you.
- Interaction – information we collect relating to our events, workshops, retreats, summits; held digitally and in-person.
- Internet – This includes information on your IP address, browsing history, the pages you visit while on our site/s, site/s you have browsed from and exit to.
- Other Personal Information – well-beingMetrics™ – in any of the above mentioned forms.Page Break
Collection and Use
How and When Information is Collected –
There are many ways in which information can be collected, and at many different stages during your visit to our website. These include but may not be limited to:
- Question/ enquiry/ contact form
- Email to us
- Newsletter, subscription or other material opt-in
- Sign up for digital or in-person content seminar/ workshop/ event
- Client engagement
- Search, investigation, research, survey, diagnostic
- Website collection of data, information, activities; including cookies and analytics
- Third Party supplies information to us – referral, affiliate information, broker, contractors, project, technology and event partners.
We use this Information to –
- Respond to your enquiries
- Provide (specific or tailored) services to them at your request
- Monitor your satisfaction
- Help other people understand our services better
- Improve our products and services
- Provide more relevant information
- Provide news about our developments in your area of work
- provide individual recommendations based on analytics collected
We will only Collect your Personal Information –
- With your full awareness and consent, such as when you email me/us, tick a checkbox or fill in a form to provide me/us with information.
- If we need it to provide you with information or services that you request.
- If we are legally required to collect it.
- For necessary administrative processes if you become our client.
- If we believe that we can demonstrate a legitimate interest in using your data like for helping to provide educative materials or offer awareness on our products and services that may help you, although we will always give you a choice to opt out.Page Break
We understand that some personal; information is particularly sensitive. We will only collect sensitive information by methods that are reasonably secure, such as:
- Through our intake form when you book a session,
- In a 1:1 consultation, group workshop or online meeting using our teleconference system,
- During one-to-one upgraded sessions with contributors/ mentors with your client notes,
- When you send us information through our email server,
- When you complete well-beingMetrics™ – our well-being and strategies self-assessment diagnostic,
- When you transact or interact with us on our learning, support and social platform we refer to as “community”.
- When you transact to book a session or buy a Module or product with us through our website,
- As feedback after an event or session through our feedback form.
We are committed to storing your sensitive information securely, using state of the art security safe platforms and review our security measures and platforms annually. We use an internal policy to review.
The reason why we collect this information is so that we can provide you with services and products you have contracted us for and to ensure that we are providing you with the most appropriate services or products to suit you as an individual.
Therefore we collect sensitive information because it allows us to tailor our recommendations, advice, consultancy to you as an individual. This is also the case where we collect your sensitive information for your tailored well-beingMetrics™ diagnostic report. This data is collected and stored securely. Where we aggregate your data for the purpose of publishing trend information, we deidentify your data prior to publishing.
The types of sensitive information we ask you to provide for this purpose may include:
- Date of birth
- Business confidential or financial information
- Health and well-being status or history
- Work or home location or work history
We are committed to securely storing and handling your sensitive information. Sensitive information is stored only in cloud storage. You can request a copy of their security policy from us if this is a concern for you. Your information is accessed by our employees and contractors who are all covered by our confidentiality agreement and access the information on a needs only basis.Page Break
Sensitive information may be collected from children under the age of 18 (minors) in the following circumstances:
- will only be with performed in the presence of their parent or guardian;
- with their parent or guardian’s full consent.
Destruction Policy – To the best of our knowledge as we use secure services, all archived sensitive information for physical information is securely destroyed after seven years and for digital information it is destroyed at our client’s request for written information and, video/ audio per our internal policy of 3-7 years.
You may choose not to provide us with your personal information. However, if you choose not to completely disclose your information with us, we may not be able to fully provide you with the services or products that you request.
Use of Personal Information
Reasons we may disclose your personal information including with our cloud-based systems:
- To provide you with the services you have requested,
- To send you products you have purchased,
- To tailor your experiences with us and the offering of our services to be relevant to you,
- When making a referral to another of our contractors.
In order to do this we may share some relevant personal information – on a strictly need to know basis with:
- Our team – employees, contractors and project partners,
- Order fulfilment partners or service providers,
- Our email, marketing and client management systems providers,
- Our professional services partners – accountant, lawyer, website host, technology service providers.
We will also disclose your information if required by law to do so or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act – for example where we have reasonable grounds to suspect that unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature that relates to our functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and in response to a subpoena, discovery request or a court order.
If you have any concerns regarding the disclosure of your personal information, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us to discuss this personally.
We take reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We manage risks to your personal information by:
- storing files securely,
- ensuring that only key personnel have access to sensitive information,
- releasing information to service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis, and
- conducting regular audits of our security measures for our systems.
As mentioned above, your personal information may also be stored with a third-party provider, where it will be managed under their security policy. A list of these providers and links to their policies is available by request to us – firstname.lastname@example.org.
From time to time we may combine information provided by you with information gathered from:
- Social media platforms
- Our website data collected
- Personal contact information
- WE-Being well-beingMetrics™
If you do not wish this to occur, please contact us.
Access to Information
You can contact us to access, correct or update your personal information at any time. Unless we are subject to a confidentiality obligation or some other restriction on giving access to the information which permits us to refuse you access under the Privacy Act, and we believe there is a valid reason for doing so, we will endeavor to make your information available you within thirty (30) days.
Please begin the process by sending an email requesting access to your information to me at email@example.com and we will endeavor to respond within seven (7) days.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you may seek a review by contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner using the information available at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
Notification of Change
Notification of Breach
If we have reason to suspect that a serious data breach has occurred and that this may result in harm or loss to you, we will immediately assess the situation and take appropriate remedial action. If we still believe that you are at risk, we will notify the Office of the Information Commissioner and either notify you directly, or if that is not possible, publicise a notification of the breach on our website.
Thank you for reading our Policy and we look forward to supporting you with our interactions.